- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Finance Act 1994, Part I, (Appointed Day etc.) Order 1994.
2. For the purpose of air passenger duty(1), the day apppointed as the day on which the provisions of the Finance Act 1994 (“the Act”) specified in the first column of the Schedule to this Order come into force is 1st November 1994.
3. The day appointed as the day on which Chapter II of Part I of, and Schedule 4, Schedule 5 and Part III of Schedule 26 to, the Act come into force (insofar as they are not then already in force) is 1st January 1995.
4. (1) Paragraphs (2) to (4) below shall have effect without prejudice to the operation of section 16 of the Interpretation Act 1978(2).
(2) Where at a time prior to the coming into force of section 18(3) of the Act a referee was appointed under section 127 of the Management Act, such appointment and any arbitration that referee conducts shall not be affected by any provision of the Act brought into force by this Order.
(3) None of the provisions of the Act brought into force by this Order shall affect the liability of any person to be prosecuted for any offence in respect of conduct which occurred before 1st January 1995.
(4) From 1st January 1995 section 12 of the Act shall apply to duty which appears to have become due before that date as it applies to duty which is due after 31st December 1994.
Commissioner of Customs and Excise
New King’s Beam House 22 Upper Ground London SE1 9PJ
17th October 1994
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: