Supplemental and transitional provisions
19. (1) This Order does not apply in relation to any case in which a winding-up or a bankruptcy order was made under the Insolvent Partnerships Order 1986(1) in relation to a partnership or an insolvent member of a partnership, and where this Order does not apply the law in force immediately before this Order came into force continues to have effect.
(2) Where winding-up or bankruptcy proceedings commenced under the provisions of the Insolvent Partnerships Order 1986 were pending in relation to a partnership or an insolvent member of a partnership immediately before this Order came into force, either—
(a)those proceedings shall be continued, after the coming into force of this Order, in accordance with the provisions of this Order, or
(b)if the court so directs, they shall be continued under the provisions of the 1986 Order, in which case the law in force immediately before this Order came into force continues to have effect.
(3) For the purpose of paragraph (2) above, winding-up or bankruptcy proceedings are pending if a statutory or written demand has been served or a winding-up or bankruptcy petition has been presented.
(4) Nothing in this Order is to be taken as preventing a petition being presented against an insolvent partnership under—
(a)section 53 or 54 of the Insurance Companies Act 1982(2) (winding up: insurance companies),
(b)section 72(2)(d) of the Financial Services Act 1986 (winding up: investment business),
(c)section 92 of the Banking Act 1987 (winding up: authorised institutions), or
(d)any other enactment.
(5) Nothing in this Order is to be taken as preventing any creditor or creditors owed one or more debts by an insolvent partnership from presenting a petition under the Act against one or more members of the partnership liable for that debt or those debts (as the case may be) without including the others and without presenting a petition for the winding up of the partnership as an unregistered company.
(6) Bankruptcy proceedings may be consolidated by virtue of article 14(2) above irrespective of whether they were commenced under the Bankruptcy Act 1914(3) or the Insolvency Act 1986 or by virtue of the Insolvent Partnerships Order 1986 or this Order, and the court shall, in the case of proceedings commenced under or by virtue of different enactments, make provision for the manner in which the consolidated proceedings are to be conducted.
1982 c. 50. Sections 53 and 54 were amended by section 439(2) of, and Schedule 14 to, the Insolvency Act 1986 and by S.I. 1989/2405. Section 54 was also amended by section 30 of, and Schedule 2 to, the Companies Consolidation (Consequential Provisions) Act 1985 (c. 9), and by S.I. 1990/1333.