- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. Article 13 is replaced by the following text:
1. The CE conformity marking shall consist of the initials “CE” in the form shown in the specimen in Annex IV. In the event of the involvement of a notified body in the production control phase as indicated in Article 11, its identification number shall be added.
2. The CE marking must be affixed to each piece of manufactured PPE so as to be visible, legible and indelible throughout the expected life of the PPE; however, if this is not possible in view of the characteristics of the product, the CE marking may be affixed to the packaging.
3. The affixing of markings on the PPE which are likely to deceive third parties as to the meaning and form of the CE marking shall be prohibited. Any other marking may be affixed to the PPE or its packaging provided that the visibility and legibility of the CE marking is not thereby reduced.
4. Without prejudice to Article 7:
(a)where a Member State establishes that the CE marking has been affixed unduly, the manufacturer or his authorised representative established within the Contracting Parties shall be obliged to make the product conform as regards the provisions concerning the CE marking and to end the infringement under the conditions imposed by the Member State;
(b)where non-conformity continues, the Member State must take all appropriate measures to restrict or prohibit the placing on the market of the product in question or to ensure that it is withdrawn from the market in accordance with the procedures laid down in Article 7.”.