- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3rd August 1994
Laid before Parliament
10th August 1994
Coming into force
31st August 1994
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 27 of the Police (Scotland) Act 1967(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, and after taking into consideration the recommendations made by the Police Negotiating Board for the United Kingdom and furnishing the said Board with a draft of the Regulations in accordance with section 2(1) of the Police Negotiating Board Act 1980(2), hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Police Cadets (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1994.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force on 31st August 1994 but shall have effect for the purposes of regulation 2 as from 1st September 1993.
(3) In these Regulations “the principal Regulations” means the Police Cadets (Scotland) Regulations 1968(3).
2. For the Table in Schedule 1 to the principal Regulations (which contains scales of pay) there is substituted the following Table:–
|Under 17 years||£4,479|
|18 years or over||£5,289”.|
3. In Schedule 2 to the principal Regulations (which relates to charges for board and lodging), for the sum “£615” there shall be substituted the sum “£624”.
4. The Police Cadets (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Regulations 1992(4) are hereby revoked.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
3rd August 1994
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations further amend the Police Cadets (Scotland) Regulations 1968.
Regulation 2 increases the pay of police cadets with retrospective effect from 1st September 1993. Retrospectivity is authorised by section 27(2) of the Police (Scotland) Act 1967.
Regulation 3 increases the charges payable by cadets for board and lodging provided by police authorities from £615 per annum to £624 per annum with effect from 31st August 1994.