- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) No person shall install a meter in any premises unless the site where it is to be installed is such as to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable that the means of escape from those premises in the event of fire is not adversely affected.
(2) No person shall install a meter in any premises unless it is of sound construction adequate to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable that in the event of fire gas is not able to escape in hazardous quantities, save that this paragraph shall not apply to any meter installed in non-domestic premises to which gas is supplied through a readily accessible service valve.
(3) No person shall install a meter unless the installation is so placed as to ensure that there is no risk of damage to it from electrical apparatus.
(4) No person shall install a meter except in a readily accessible position for inspection and maintenance.
(5) Where a meter has bosses or side pipes attached to the meter by a soldered joint only, no person shall make rigid pipe connections to the meter.
(6) Where a person installs a meter and the pipes and other gas fittings associated with it, he shall ensure that—
(a)immediately thereafter they are adequately tested to verify that they are gas tight and examined to verify that they have been installed in accordance with these Regulations; and
(b)immediately after such testing and examination, purging is carried out throughout the meter and every other gas fitting through which gas can then flow so as to remove safely all air and gas other than the gas to be supplied.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: