- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
13.—(1) No person shall supply, offer for supply, agree to supply, expose for supply or possess for supply any standard plug or conversion plug of a type approved by a notified body in accordance with these Regulations in respect of which the requirements of this Part are not satisfied.
(2) A standard plug or conversion plug of a type approved by a notified body in accordance with these Regulations shall be legibly marked with, or bear a label legibly marked with, words, marks or abbreviations clearly signifying approval by and identifying the body which approved the type in question.
(3) Without prejudice to any requirement of any British Standard, where it is necessary for the safe operation of any standard plug or conversion plug that the user should be aware of any particular characteristic of the plug, the necessary information shall be given by markings on the plug itself or, where this is not practicable, in a notice accompanying the plug.
(4) It shall not be sufficient compliance with this regulation to give information in a language other than English.
(5) Information shall not be given in connection with any standard plug or conversion plug by means of a misleading mark or otherwise which purports to indicate or might reasonably be mistaken for an indication that the plug is of a type approved by a particular notified body or (in the case of a standard plug) conforms to BS 1363, when the plug is not so approved or does not so conform to the standard, or when any approval has been cancelled.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.