- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) A person who wishes to appeal to the Secretary of State under section 43 or 66(5) of the 1990 Act (appeals to the Secretary of State from decisions with respect to waste management licences or from determinations that information is not commercially confidential) shall do so by notice in writing.
(2) The notice shall be accompanied by—
(a)a statement of the grounds of appeal;
(b)where the appeal relates to an application for a waste management licence or for the modification, surrender or transfer of a waste management licence, a copy of the appellant’s application and any supporting documents;
(c)where the appeal relates to a determination under section 66(2) or (4) of the 1990 Act that information is not commercially confidential, the information in question;
(d)where the appeal relates to an existing waste management licence (including a waste management licence which has been suspended or revoked), a copy of that waste management licence;
(e)a copy of any correspondence relevant to the appeal;
(f)a copy of any other document relevant to the appeal including, in particular, any relevant consent, determination, notice, planning permission, established use certificate or certificate of lawful use or development; and
(g)a statement indicating whether the appellant wishes the appeal to be in the form of a hearing or to be determined on the basis of written representations.
(3) The appellant shall serve a copy of his notice of appeal on the waste regulation authority together with copies of the documents mentioned in paragraph (2) above.
(4) If the appellant wishes to withdraw an appeal, he shall do so by notifying the Secretary of State in writing and shall send a copy of that notification to the waste regulation authority.