Transfers from Merseyside (Knowsley and Sefton) to Lancashire (West Lancashire), and creation of new West Lancashire parish of Simonswood
5. (1) The following areas shown on map 1—
(a) the part of the abolished parish marked S; and
(b) the parts of the Sefton parish of Melling marked N, O, P and R—
shall be transferred from Merseyside, and from Knowsley and Sefton respectively to Lancashire, to West Lancashire, to the Bickerstaffe ward, to the West Lancashire South electoral division, and to the Ormskirk petty sessional division and the Preston and South West Lancashire coroner’s district.
(2) There shall be created in West Lancashire a new parish, to be named Simonswood, and consisting of the areas transferred by paragraph (1).
(3) There shall be a parish council for the new parish, consisting of 5 parish councillors.
(4) Elections for the new council shall be held on such day before 1st April 1994 as the returning officer(1) shall appoint, and the councillors elected thereat shall come into office on 1st April 1994 and shall retire on the fourth day after the ordinary day of election of councillors in 1998.
(5) The proper officer of the West Lancashire District Council shall convene both the first annual meeting of the new council, which shall be held in April 1994, and the first assembly of the parish meeting, and if the latter is held before the former, the parish meeting may appoint a person to take the chair, who shall have, for the purposes of that occasion only, the powers and authority of a chairman.
(6) The new parish council shall be the residuary successor to the abolished council, and shall assume custody of its public books, documents and records.
(7) The parts of the abolished parish marked K and T on map 1 shall remain in Merseyside, and in Knowsley, but shall become unparished. The area marked T shall be transferred from the Tower Hill ward of that district to the Northwood ward.
(8) For the purposes of article 3 of the Local Government Finance (Miscellaneous Provisions) (England) Order 1993(2), there is specified in relation to the new parish the sum of £3,000 (three thousand pounds).