- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10th March 1993
Laid before Parliament
22nd March 1993
Coming into force
12th April 1993
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 10th day of March 1993
The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred on Her by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the European Communities (Designation) Order 1993 and shall come into force on 12th April 1993.
2. (1) For the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 the Ministers or government departments specified in column (1) of the Schedule to this Order are hereby designated in relation to the matters specified in column (2) of that Schedule.
(2) Where a Minister or government department is designated in relation to any item in column (2) of the said Schedule, then, for the purposes of the said section 2(2), that Minister or government department is also hereby designated in relation to anything supplemental or related to the matters specified in that item.
(3) Where both a Minister and one or more government departments are designated in relation to any matter, the designation has effect as respects the making of regulations by any of them or by more than one of them acting jointly.
(4) Regulations made by a Northern Ireland department in pursuance of this Order, that are not made jointly with any Minister, shall form part of the law of Northern Ireland and not of any other part of the United Kingdom.
N. H. Nicholls
Clerk of the Privy Council
|Ministers or departments||Matters in relation to which the Ministers or departments are designated|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to the protection of animals used for experimental and other scientific purposes.|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to batteries and accumulators containing dangerous substances.|
|Any Northern Ireland department||The preceding items in this column.|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to copyright (other than those relating to the protection by copyright of computer programs(2)) and to rights in performances.|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to the limitation of aircraft noise.|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to the allocation of take off and landing slots for aircraft at airports.|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to the safety of ships and the health and safety of persons on them.|
(This note is not part of the Order)
This is a further Order in the series designating Ministers who, and departments which, may exercise powers to make regulations conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 and specifying the matters in relation to which those powers may be exercised.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: