- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Section 8 shall be amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1), for the words “subsection (2)” there shall be substituted the words “subsections (2), (2A) and (2B)”.
(3) After subsection (2), there shall be inserted–
“(2A) Where in a maintenance order made in a Hague Convention country there are provisions which are not enforceable under this Part of this Act, this section shall apply only to the remaining provisions of the order.
(2B) The payee under a registered order may request the partial enforcement of that order.”.
(4) In subsection (4), after the words “magistrates' court” where they first occur, there shall be inserted the words “in England and Wales”.
(5) In subsection (5), the words “or facilitating the enforcement of” shall be omitted.
(6) For subsections (7), (8) and (9) there shall be substituted–
“(7) Subject to subsection (8) below, a sum of money payable under a registered order shall be payable in accordance with the order, or such part thereof as the payee may have requested should be enforced, as from the date on which the order took effect.
(8) Where a registered order was made by a court in a Hague Convention country before the date of the entry into force of the Hague Convention between the United Kingdom and that country, no sum of money falling due before that date shall be payable in accordance with the order.
(9) In the application of this section to Scotland–
(a)subsections (2) to (5) shall be omitted; and
(b)in subsection (6), for the word “evidence” there shall be substituted the words “sufficient evidence”.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.