- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13th January 1993
Laid before Parliament
20th January 1993
Coming into force
10th February 1993
The Secretary of State for the Environment, being the Minister designated(1) for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the abolition of restrictions on the importation of goods, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by the said section 2, and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Control of Pollution (Anglers' Lead Weights) (Amendment) Regulations 1993 and shall come into force on 10th February 1993.
(2) These Regulations shall apply to Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
2. Regulation 3 (prohibiting the importation of lead weights) of the Control of Pollution (Anglers' Lead Weights) Regulations 1986(3) is hereby revoked.
3. Regulation 5 (exceptions to regulations 3 and 4) of the Control of Pollution (Anglers' Lead Weights) Regulations 1986 shall be amended by substituting for the words “Regulations 3 and 4 do not prohibit the importation or” the words “Regulation 4 does not prohibit the”.
One of Her Majesty’s Principal Secretaries of State
Department of the Environment
13th January 1993
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations are made in consequence of the internal market provisions of the Treaty which established the European Economic Community (the Treaty of Rome dated 25th March 1957, as amended by the Single European Act). They amend the Control of Pollution (Anglers' Lead Weights) Regulations 1986. The prohibition, set out in regulation 3 of the 1986 Regulations, on the importation of certain sizes of lead weights is revoked.
The Treaties establishing the European Communities Vol. 1 (New Edition 1987) are published by the Official Publications Office of the European Communities and distributed in the United Kingdom by HMSO, ISBN No. 92—771—9225—9, price £33.00.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: