- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
18th November 1993
Coming into force
25th November 1993
The Secretary of State for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 6(1) and (3) of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, and after consultation with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis pursuant to section 7(6) of that Act(2), hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the A1 Trunk Road (Holloway Road, Islington) (Prescribed Routes) Order 1993 and shall come into force on 25th November 1993.
2. In this Order—
“the central reservation” means that part of the trunk road which separates its two carriageways for the safety and guidance of vehicles using that road;
“Loraine Road”, “Hercules Street”, “Tufnell Park Road”, “Seven Sisters Road”, “Camden Road”, “Tollington Road” and “Parkhurst Road” mean the roads of those names in the London Borough of Islington; and
“the trunk road” means that length of the A1 Trunk Road in the London borough of Islington known as Holloway Road.
3. Save as provided in article 9 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle on entering the trunk road from either Loraine Road or Hercules Street to proceed in any direction other than southbound.
4. Save as provided in article 9 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle proceeding in the trunk road to make a U-turn, so as to proceed in the opposite direction, through the gap in the central reservation opposite:
(a)Tufnell Park Road,
(b)Parkhurst Road and Seven Sisters Road,
(c)Camden Road and Tollington Road, or
5.—(1) The Islington (Prescribed Routes) Traffic Order 1966(3), shall be varied as follows.
(2) In Schedule 3, item 1 shall be omitted.
6.—(1) The Islington (Prescribed Routes) (No.1) Traffic Order 1979(4), shall be varied as follows.
(2) Articles 4 and 5 shall be omitted.
7.—(1) The Islington (Prescribed Routes) (No.1) Traffic Order 1984(5), shall be varied as follows.
(2) Article 3(b) shall be omitted.
9. Nothing in articles 3 or 4 above shall apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a constable in uniform or of a traffic warden.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
S. C. Whiteley
Assistant Secretary London Regional Directorate of the
Department of Transport
18th November 1993
Section 7(6) was amended by paragraph 3 of Schedule 7 to the Road Traffic Act 1991 (c. 40).
GLC 1966/109; to which there are amendments not relevant to this Order.
GLC 1979/256, as amended by GLC 1981/248 and GLC 1984/504.