- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) A tribunal may on the application of a party made either by notice to the Secretary or at the hearing—
(a)require a party to furnish in writing to another party further particulars of the grounds on which he relies and of any facts and contentions relevant thereto;
(b)require one party to grant to another such recovery or inspection (including the taking of copies) of documents as might be ordered by a sheriff; and
(c)require the attendance of any person as a witness or require the production of any document relating to the matter to be determined,
and may appoint the time at or within which or the place at which any act required in pursuance of this rule is to be done.
(2) The tribunal shall not under paragraph (1) require the production of any document certified by the Secretary of State as being a document of which the production would be against the interests of national security.
(3) A person on whom a requirement has been made under paragraph (1) may apply to the tribunal either by notice to the Secretary or at the hearing to vary or set aside the requirement.
(4) No such application to vary or set aside shall be entertained in a case where a time has been appointed under paragraph (1) in relation to the requirement unless it is made before the time or, as the case may be, expiration of the time so appointed.
(5) Every document containing a requirement under paragraph (1) (b) or (c) shall contain a reference to the fact that, under paragraph 1(7) of Schedule 9 to the 1978 Act, any person who without reasonable excuse fails to comply with any such requirement shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine, and the document shall state the amount of the current maximum fine.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: