- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) An application for the issue of an official certificate in respect of a seed lot of Pre-basic Seed, Basic Seed or Certified Seed—
(a)shall be made in writing to the Minister in such form and manner, and shall be accompanied by such documents, as the Minister may require, and
(b)shall be made not later than the thirty-first day of December of the year following the year of harvest of the crop from which the seed is obtained or within such other time as the Minister may allow.
(2) Where an application for the issue of an official certificate is made to the Minister in accordance with paragraph (1) above the Minister shall deal with the application in accordance with the provisions of Schedule 2.
(3) An official certificate which has been issued by the Minister may be withdrawn by him in respect of either the whole of a seed lot or any part of a seed lot and any seeds from which an official certificate has been so withdrawn shall be deemed not to have been officially certified if—
(a)the results of an official examination of the seeds in respect of which theofficial certificate has been issued are declared null and void in accordance withparagraph (2) of regulation 7, or
(b)information has been received by him which, if known to him before the official certificate was issued, would have resulted in the application for its issue being refused on the grounds that the seeds did not meet the requirements of seed regulations.
(4) Where, in accordance with paragraph (3) above, seeds are deemed not to have been officially certified the seller of the seeds shall, as soon as practicable and in any case not later than 7 days after being informed of it, notify the purchaser, in writing, that the seeds have not been officially certified.