- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) In sections 25 and 37(1) of the 1962 Act, references to the Minister shall be construed as references to the Executive.
(2) In sections 4(1), (4) and (7), 5(9) and 7(4) and (5) of the 1971 Act, references to the Secretary of State shall be construed as references to the Executive; and in section 5(8) of that Act, after “the Secretary of State” there shall be added “or the Executive”.
(3) In section 32(4) of the 1975 Act, the reference to the Secretary of State shall be construed as a reference to the Executive.
(4) In the 1987 Act—
(a)in section 23(1)(b), for the words “or a consent given by the Secretary of State ”there shall be substituted the words “by the Secretary of State or a consent given by the Health and Safety Executive”; and
(b)in section 24, after subsection (2) there shall be inserted the following subsection—
“(2A) It shall be the duty of the Health and Safety Commission to submit from time to time to the Secretary of State such proposals as the Commission considers appropriate for the making of orders under section 21 or 22.”
(5) In the regulations specified in the Schedule to these Regulations, references to the Secretary of State shall be construed as references to the Executive.
(6) In regulations 2(1) and 3(1) and (4) of the Submarine Pipe-lines (Inspectors etc.) Regulations 1977(1), after “the Secretary of State” in each case there shall be inserted “or the Executive”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: