- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13.—(1) A hearing following the giving of notice under article 6(1) or (2), article 7, article 8(1) or (2) or article 9(1) shall be conducted by the Commission or the Attorney General, as the case may be, who shall, subject as provided in this article, determine the procedure at the hearing.
(2) A hearing shall be conducted in private.
(3) The Commission or the Attorney General, as the case may be, may hold a single hearing following the giving of notice under article 6(1) or (2) or article 7 or, if relevant, under article 8(1) or (2) or article 9(1) in relation to all the issues arising in connection with particular funds or petroleum or petroleum products or may hold separate hearings at which specific persons or classes of person concerned with particular funds or petroleum or petroleum products may appear.
(4) At a hearing a person may appear on his own behalf or be represented by an advocate or by any other person, and may give or produce oral and written evidence and may cross-examine any other person appearing at the same hearing and any witnesses produced by any such person.
(5) The Commission or the Attorney General, as the case may be, may take into account any document or any other written evidence received by it or him from any person intending to appear at a hearing before a hearing is held or during the hearing provided that it or he discloses it to such other persons intending to appear at or appearing at the hearing as in its or his view have an interest in the contents thereof.
(6) The Commission or the Attorney General, as the case may be, may from time to time adjourn a hearing and, if the date, time and place of the adjourned hearing are announced at the hearing before the adjournment, no further notice shall be required.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: