- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The use made by a premises of the local authority’s facilities required to carry out health inspection and control exercises at those premises, account being taken of economies in inspection resources made possible by their scale or mode of operation.
2. (1) The salaries or fees, together with overtime payments and employers' national insurance and superannuation contributions, of an authorised officer engaged in carrying out health inspection and control exercises (or the relevant proportion thereof in so far as those exercises do not occupy their full working day). In determining the amount chargeable in respect of these costs the following shall apply:
(a)if the hours required for the carrying out of health inspection and control exercises at a premises occupy less than the full working day of an authorised officer but the remaining period is too short for it to be practicable to employ the person fully on other duties, the full day other than time actually spent on other duties may be charged. In particular, if inspection is required at two or more distinct periods of the working day, the full time from the start of the first period of inspection to the end of the final period may be charged, other than any time actually spent on other duties;
(b)where, because of a change in the scale or mode of operation of a premises the number of hours required for health inspection and control exercises at that premises falls below the number envisaged when the charges applicable to that premises were determined and the occupier thereof has given written notice to the local authority of that change of circumstances, the charges applicable to that premises shall be correspondingly reduced on or before the expiry of a period of two months from the date of that notice.
(2) Travelling and related incidental expenses incurred by authorised officers in the carrying out of health inspection and control exercises (including subsistence and car user allowances where these are paid) except that such expenses shall not be charged where an authorised officer is employed exclusively at one premises unless otherwise mutually agreed between the local authority and the occupier of that premises.
3. Depreciation of any office furniture or office equipment provided by the local authority for the use of authorised officers at the premises. Such costs shall not be included where, by agreement with the local authority, these items are provided by the occupier of those premises.
4. The invoice price paid for record sheets and labels used in connection with meat inspection, and ink for marking meat.
5. The invoice price paid for protective clothing and equipment used for the carrying out of health inspection and control exercises to the extent that they are paid for by the local authority.
6. The cost of laundering protective clothing at the local authority’s expense.
7. Costs incurred by the local authority in respect of telephone calls to and from any premises in relation to health inspection and control exercises carried out there.
8. The cost of accounting and collecting charges and of providing pay-roll and personnel services in connection with the employment of an authorised officer, including the cost to the local authority of arranging the provision, and ensuring the proper carrying out of health inspection and control exercises.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: