Powers as to moorings etc.
24.—(1) The Company may provide, place, lay down, maintain, use and have moorings for vessels and houseboats on land owned or leased by the Company or in which they hold an appropriate interest and on any other land with the consent in writing of the owner and lessee thereof in the harbour.
(2) The Company may demand, receive and recover in respect of any vessel or houseboat using any of the moorings provided under this article or moored to land owned or leased by the Company such reasonable charges as the Company may from time to time prescribe.
(3) The Company may compound with any person with respect to the payment of the charges prescribed under paragraph (2) above.
(4) (a) The Company may give notice in writing to the person having the control of any vessel or houseboat using any mooring in the harbour at the commencement of this Order requiring him within 28 days to remove the mooring so as to enable the Company to provide, place or lay down moorings in accordance with paragraph (1) above;
Provided that the Company shall offer to make available to the person having the control of the vessel or houseboat referred to in the notice a mooring provided by them under paragraph (1) as soon as such mooring has been laid down.(b)
If any person fails to comply with a notice given by the Company under this paragraph the Company may at any time after the expiration of 28 days from the date of the giving of the notice remove the mooring referred to in that notice.
(5) (a) The Company may from time to time grant licences to any person to place, lay down, maintain, use and have existing and future moorings, for vessels and houseboats in the harbour;
Provided that nothing in any such licence shall entitle a person to place, lay down, maintain, use and have any mooring on land not owned or leased by him or by the Company or in which he has no appropriate interest;(b)
Any licence granted under sub-paragraph (a) above shall be valid only for a period of one year commencing with its date.(c)
The Company may charge for a licence granted under sub-paragraph (a) above such reasonable fee as the Company may from time to time prescribe.
(6) Any person who—
(a)intentionally obstructs any person acting under the authority of the Company in setting out moorings; or
(b)intentionally and without lawful authority pulls up or removes any mooring or any part thereof; or
(c)without reasonable excuse causes or permits a vessel to be moored at a mooring except at a mooring provided or licensed by the Company under this article or at a quay, jetty, slipway or other work or to land owned or leased by the Company; or
(d)places, lays down or maintains any mooring not provided or licensed by the Company under this article;
shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(7) If any person contravenes paragraph (6)(d) above the Company may remove the mooring in question and recover from that person the expenses incurred in doing so.
(8) In this article “mooring” includes any buoy, pile, post, chain, pillar or like apparatus or convenience used for the mooring of vessels.