- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Waste from premises used for maintaining vehicles, vessels or aircraft, not being waste from a private garage to which paragraph 4 of Schedule 1 applies.
2. Waste from a laboratory.
3.—(1) Waste from a workshop or similar premises not being a factory within the meaning of section 175 of the Factories Act 1961(1) because the people working there are not employees or because the work there is not carried on by way of trade or for purposes of gain.
(2) In this paragraph, “workshop” does not include premises at which the principal activities are computer operations or the copying of documents by photographic or lithographic means.
4. Waste from premises occupied by a scientific research association approved by the Secretary of State under section 508 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988(2) .
5. Waste from dredging operations.
6. Waste arising from tunnelling or from any other excavation.
7. Sewage not falling within a description in regulation 7 which—
(a)is treated, kept or disposed of in or on land, other than by means of a privy, cesspool or septic tank;
(b)is treated, kept or disposed of by means of mobile plant; or
(c)has been removed from a privy or cesspool.
8. Clinical waste other than—
(a)clinical waste from a domestic property, caravan, residential home or from a moored vessel used wholly for the purposes of living accommodation;
(b)waste collected under section 22(3) of the Control of Pollution Act 1974(3) ; or
(c)waste collected under sections 89, 92(9) or 93.
9. Waste arising from any aircraft, vehicle or vessel which is not occupied for domestic purposes.
10. Waste which has previously formed part of any aircraft, vehicle or vessel and which is not household waste.
11. Waste removed from land on which it has previously been deposited and any soil with which such waste has been in contact, other than—
(a)waste collected under section 22(3) of the Control of Pollution Act 1974; or
(b)waste collected under sections 89, 92(9) or 93.
12. Leachate from a deposit of waste.
13. Poisonous or noxious waste arising from any of the following processes undertaken on premises used for the purposes of a trade or business—
(a)mixing or selling paints;
(c)laundering or dry cleaning;
(d)developing photographic film or making photographic prints;
(e)selling petrol, diesel fuel, paraffin, kerosene, heating oil or similar substances; or
(f)selling pesticides, herbicides or fungicides.
14. Waste from premises used for the purposes of breeding, boarding, stabling or exhibiting animals.
15.—(1) Waste oil, waste solvent or (subject to regulation 7(2)) scrap metal, other than—
(a)waste from a domestic property, caravan or residential home;
(b)waste falling within paragraphs 3 to 6 of Schedule 1.
(2) In this paragraph—
“waste oil” means mineral or synthetic oil which is contaminated, spoiled or otherwise unfit for its original purpose; and
“waste solvent” means solvent which is contaminated, spoiled or otherwise unfit for its original purpose.
16. Waste arising from the discharge by the Secretary of State of his duty under section 89(2).
17. Waste imported into Great Britain.
18.—(1) Tank washings or garbage landed in Great Britain.
(2) In this paragraph—
“garbage” has the same meaning as in regulation 1(2) of the Merchant Shipping (Reception Facilities for Garbage) Regulations 1988(6).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: