- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Council Tax (Additional Provisions for Discount Disregards) Regulations 1992 and shall come into force on 31st March 1992.
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, “the Act” means the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
2. The condition prescribed for the purposes of paragraph 9 of Schedule 1 to the Act is that, on the day in question the person fulfils either the requirements set out in Part I of the Schedule to these Regulations or those set out in Part II of that Schedule.
3. (1) The descriptions prescribed for the purposes of paragraph 11 of Schedule 1 to the Act and the conditions to be fulfilled in respect of those descriptions on a particular day are, subject to paragraph (2), that a person is within one of the following classes–
Class A a member or a dependent of a member, within the meanings given by the Schedule to the International Headquarters and Defences Organisations Act 1964(1), of a headquarters or organisation which is on that day the subject of a designation by an Order in Council under section 1 of that Act;
Class B a person who–
(a)is a member of a religious community the principal occupation of which consists of prayer, contemplation, education, the relief of suffering, or any combination of these; and
(b)has no income or capital of his own (disregarding any income by way of a pension in respect of former employment) and is dependent on the community to provide for his material needs;
Class C a person who–
(a)is under the age of 20; and
(b)has within a relevant period ceased to undertake a qualifying course of education, within the meaning of Part II of Schedule 1 to the Council Tax (Discount Disregards) Order 1992(2).
(2) In relation to Class C in paragraph (1)–
(a)“relevant period” means the period after 30th April and before 1st November in any year; and
(b)the day in question must be within the same relevant period as that in which the cessation takes place.
Secretary of State for the Environment
9th March 1992
Secretary of State for Wales
9th March 1992
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: