- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) The following provisions of the Act shall apply for the purposes of these Regulations as they apply for the purposes of section 8, 14 or 15 of the Act and, unless the context otherwise requires, any reference in them to the Act shall be construed for the purposes of these Regulations as a reference to these Regulations—
(a)section 2 (extended meaning of “sale” etc.);
(b)section 3 (presumption that food is intended for human consumption);
(c)section 20 (offences due to fault of another person);
(d)section 21 (defence of due diligence);
(e)section 30(8) (which relates to documentary evidence);
(f)section 33 (obstruction etc. of officers);
(g)section 36 (offences by bodies corporate);
(h)section 44 (protection of officers acting in good faith).
(2) Section 8(3) (which makes presumptions in the case of batches etc. of food) of the Act shall apply to food which it is an offence to sell under these Regulations as it applies to food which fails to comply with food safety requirements.
(3) Section 9 (inspection and seizure of suspected food) of the Act shall apply for the purposes of these Regulations as if food which it is an offence to sell under them were food which failed to comply with food safety requirements.
(4) Section 30 (analysis etc. of samples) of the Act shall apply to these Regulations subject to such modifications as are necessary for the purposes of these Regulations.