- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10th December 1992
Coming into force
1st January 1993
Whereas there have been passed, in the case of each of the committees for the individual counties and existing combinations of counties referred to in article 2 hereof, resolutions under the provisions of proviso (b) in section 2(1) of the Agricultural Wages Act 1948(1).
The Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 2(1) and 18(b) of the said Act and all other powers enabling him in that behalf hereby makes the following order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the Agricultural Wages Committees (Areas) (England) Order 1992 and shall come into force on 1st January 1993.
2. Instead of the agricultural wages committees for each of the counties set out in Part I of the Schedule to this Order, and for each combination of counties set out in Part II of that Schedule, there shall be established an agricultural wages committee for each of the eight combinations set out in Part III of that Schedule.
3. For the purposes of the Agricultural Wages Act 1948 the administrative area of Greater London shall be deemed to be included in the County of Surrey.
In witness whereof the Official Seal of the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food is hereunto affixed on 10th December 1992
John Selwyn Gummer
Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
10th December 1992.
Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire
Dorset and Somerset
East Sussex and Kent
Essex and Hertfordshire
Gloucestershire, Avon and Wiltshire
Hampshire and Isle of Wight
Hereford and Worcester, Warwickshire and West Midlands
Surrey and West Sussex
1. Avon, Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire
2. Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire
3. Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire
4. Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire,
5. Hereford and Worcester, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, West Midlands
6. Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
7. Norfolk, Suffolk
8. Kent, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order establishes new agricultural wages committees for most of the Counties of England. Greater London is, for the purposes of the Agricultural Wages Act 1948, deemed to be included in the County of Surrey.