- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) Part V of the 1982 Act (supplementary provisions) shall be amended as follows.
(2) Renumber the section 94A inserted by the Insurance Companies (Amendment) Regulations 1990(1) (law applicable to certain contracts of insurance) as section 94B and transpose that section and the section 94A inserted by the Insurance (Fees) Act 1985(2).
(3) In subsection (1) of section 96 (general interpretation)—
(a)after the definition of “chief executive” insert—
““claims representative” means a person appointed by an insurance company in accordance with section 81CC above;”; and
(b)after the definition of “ordinary long-term business” insert—
(4) After subsection (1) of section 96A(5) (interpretation of expressions derived from general insurance Directives) insert—
“(1A) The Directives amending the general insurance Directives referred to in subsection (1) above include Council Directive 90/618/EEC amending, particularly as regards motor vehicle liability insurance, Directive 73/239/EEC and Directive 88/357/EEC.
(1B) In this Act “the first long term insurance Directive” means Council Directive 79/267/EEC of 5 March 1979 on the coordination of laws, regulations and administrative provisions relating to the taking up and pursuit of direct life assurance.”.
(5) In subsection (1)(c) of section 96B(6) (meaning of “large risks”), for the words “classes 8, 9, 13 and 16” substitute “classes 3, 8, 9, 10, 13 and 16”.
S.I. 1990/1333, reg. 6(1).
Section 96A was inserted by S.I. 1990/1333, reg. 2(1).
Section 96B was inserted by S.I. 1990/1333, reg. 4.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: