- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This paragraph applies where a demand notice is issued on or before 31st December in the relevant year, but has effect subject to paragraph 2 below.
(2) The aggregate amount is to be payable in monthly instalments—
(i)where the demand notice is issued prior to the beginning of the relevant year, in May of that year; or
(ii)in any other case, in the month following that in which the demand notice is issued;
(b)ending in the penultimate month of the relevant year; and
(c)falling due on such day in each month as is specified in the notice.
(3) If the aggregate amount divided by the number of instalments gives an amount which is a multiple of £1, the instalments shall be of that amount.
(4) If the aggregate amount so divided would not give such an amount, all but the first instalment shall be of an amount equal to A and the first instalment shall be of an amount equal to B, where—
rounded up or down (as the levying authority shall determine) to a multiple of £1;
C is equal to the aggregate amount; and
D is equal to the number of instalments to be paid.
2.—(1) If amounts calculated in accordance with paragraph 1 would produce an amount for an instalment of less than £5, a demand notice may require the aggregate amount to be paid—
(a)where the aggregate amount is less than £10, in a single instalment payable on such day as is specified in the notice; or
(b)where the aggregate amount is equal to or greater than £10, by a number of monthly instalments equal to the greatest whole number by which £5 can be multiplied to give a product which is less than or equal to the aggregate amount.
(2) The months in which the instalments under sub-paragraph (1)(b) are payable must be uninterrupted but subject to that are to be such of the months in which, but for this paragraph, the instalments would have been payable under paragraph 1 as are specified in the demand notice; and the instalments are to be payable on such day in each month as is so specified.
(3) Sub-paragraphs (3) and (4) of paragraph 1 apply to instalments under sub-paragraph (1)(b) as they apply to instalments under that paragraph.
3. Where a demand notice is issued between 1st January and 31st March in the relevant year, the aggregate amount is to be payable in a single instalment on such day as is specified in the notice.
4. In this Part, “the aggregate amount” means the amount referred to in paragraph (2) of regulation 20.