- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Food Protection (Emegency Prohibitions) (Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning) (No. 13) Order 1991 and shall come into force at 10.00 hours on 20th December 1991.
(2) In this Order “green crab” means the species known as “carcinus maenas”; “velvet crab” means the species known as “liocarcinus puber”, and “relevant time” means one minute past midnight on 20th December 1991.
2. In the opinion of the Secretary of State, green crabs or velvet crabs in the area designated in article 3 below may be affected by the toxin which causes Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning in human beings and are likely to create a hazard to human health if they are consumed.
3. The area described in the Schedule to this Order is hereby designated for the purposes of Part I of the Food and Environment Protection Act 1985.
4. No person shall fish for or take any green crabs or velvet crabs in the designated area.
5. No person shall move any green crabs or velvet crabs out of the designated area.
6. No person shall in the United Kingdom or in the United Kingdom waters—
(a)use any green crabs or velvet crabs taken out of the designated area after the relevant time in the preparation or processing for supply of food and any thing from which food could be derived;
(b)land any green crabs or velvet crabs which were in waters in the designated area after the relevant time;
(c)supply, or have in possession for supply, any green crabs or velvet crabs which were in the designated area after the relevant time;
(d)supply, or have in possession for supply, any food or anything from which food could be derived in the preparation or processing of which anything was used in contravention of sub-paragraph (a) of this article;
(e)feed to any creature a feeding stuff in the preparation or processing of which anything was used in contravention of sub-paragraph (a) of this article.
7. The Food Protection (Emergency Prohibitions) (Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning) (No. 12) Order 1991(1), insofar as still in force, is hereby revoked.
Assistant Secretary, Scottish Office
20th December 1991
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: