- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Order the provisions of the Railways Clauses Consolidation Act 1845(1) (except sections 8, 17, 46, 49, 50, 51 and 52) are hereby incorporated with, and form part of, this Order.
(2) In the construction of the provisions of the Railways Clauses Consolidation Act 1845 as incorporated with this Order:–
(a)Sections 7, 9, 10 and 162 shall be read, construed and have effect as if any reference to the clerks of the peace is a reference to the proper officer of the County Council;
(b)Sections 78 to 85 shall have effect as originally enacted and not as amended for certain purposes by section 15 of the Mines (Working Facilities and Support) Act 1923(2).
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of section 12 of the principal Act, the following enactments shall apply to the Company’s Railway:–
The Regulation of Railways Act 1868(3)–
Section 22 (means of communication between passengers and the Company’s servants to be provided);
The Regulation of Railways Act 1889(4)–
Section 1 (power to order certain provisions to be made for public safety);
Section 5 (penalty for avoiding payment of fare).
(4) In its application to the Company’s Railway section 22 of the Regulation of Railways Act 1868 shall have effect as if the words “and travels more than twenty miles without stopping” were omitted therefrom.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: