- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
23. (1) A distiller shall maintain such records relating to his business as a manufacturer of spirits as are necessary to enable an officer to satisfy himself of the correctness of any entry in the entry book (or other record approved under regulation 21 above) or any return rendered under these Regulations, and such other records as the officer may require.
(2) The distiller shall keep the records required under paragraph (1) above at the distillery to which they refer, or such other place as the officer may approve, and shall preserve them for not less than 2 years from the date of the last entry in them.
(3) If any of the records referred to in paragraph (1) above are made or preserved in a form which is not easily readable, or which is not readable without the aid of equipment, the distiller shall, at the request of the officer, produce the information contained in those records in the form of a transcript or other permanent legible reproduction.
(4) Any of the records referred to in paragraph (1) above, and any transcript or other reproduction required to be produced under paragraph (3) above, shall be produced to an officer at such place and time as he may reasonably require, and the officer shall be allowed to inspect, copy or take extracts from them and remove them at a reasonable time and for a reasonable period.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: