- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(1) Any period of time fixed by this Part of these Rules, or by any order or direction, for the doing of any act shall be reckoned in accordance with this rule.
(2) Where the period, being a period of 7 days or less, would include a day which is not a business day, that day shall be excluded.
(3) Where the time fixed for filing a document with the justices' clerk expires on a day on which the justices' clerk’s office is closed, and for that reason the document cannot be filed on that day, the document shall be filed in time if it is filed on the next day on which the justices' clerk’s office is open.
(4) Where these Rules provide a period of time within which or by which a certain act is to be performed in the course of proceedings under the Act, that period may not be extended otherwise than by a direction of the justices' clerk or the court under rule 6(1).
(5) At the–
(a)postponement or adjournment of any hearing or directions appointment in the course of proceedings under the Act, or
(b)conclusion of any such hearing or directions appointment other than one at which the proceedings are determined, or as soon thereafter as is practicable,
the justices' clerk or the court shall–
(i)fix a date upon which the proceedings shall come before the justices' clerk or the court again for such purposes as the justices' clerk or the court directs, and
(ii)give notice to the parties of the date so fixed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: