- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. These regulations shall not apply to or in relation to–
(a)dangerous substances which have been buried or deposited in the ground at the site as waste (whether in bulk, in drums or in other containers);
(b)substances which are dangerous substances by reason only that they are radioactive substances;
(c)substances which on classification under the Classification and Labelling of Explosives Regulations 1983(1) have been assigned to Class 1 within the meaning of those Regulations;
(d)aerosol dispensers unless they are labelled in accordance with the 1984 Regulations, or would be required to be so labelled if they were being supplied or conveyed by road.
2. Regulation 4 (which relates to notification) shall not apply to–
(a)sites which are notifiable to the Executive in accordance with the Notification of Installations Handling Hazardous Substances Regulations 1982(2);
(b)sites at which there is an industrial activity to which regulation 7 of the Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1984 applies(3);
(c)sites in respect of which a licence is in force for the keeping of substances under the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928(4);
(d)sites within the area of a harbour authority in relation to which regulation 27 of the Dangerous Substances in Harbour Areas Regulations 1987 applies(5);
(e)sites in respect of which a disposal licence is in force under section 5 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974(6) or operated by a disposal authority in accordance with section 11 of that Act;
(f)sites in respect of which a nuclear site licence is in force under the Nuclear Installations Act 1965(7).
3. Regulation 4 (in so far as it requires notification to be made to the fire authority) shall not apply to a site being premises to which section 3 of the Greater London Council (General Powers) Act 1975(8) applies if a notice under section 3(3)(b) of that Act has been given to the occupier of the premises at any time before 1st September 1990.
4. Regulations 5 and 6 (which relate to access and location marking respectively) shall not apply to petroleum filling stations as defined in section 23 of the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928.
1. The name and address of the person making the notification.
2. The full postal address of the site.
3. A general description of the nature of the business carried on or intended to be carried on at the site.
4. A list of the classifications of any dangerous substances which are, or are liable to be, present.
5. The date on which it is anticipated that a total quantity of 25 tonnes or more of dangerous substances will be present, or if they are already present, a statement to that effect.
1. The cessation of the presence of dangerous substances at the site other than a temporary cessation.
2. The reduction of the total quantity of dangerous substances present at the site to below 25 tonnes at the site other than a temporary reduction.
3. Any change in the list of classifications previously notified under paragraph 4 of Part I of this Schedule, including any change in that list as previously revised pursuant to this paragraph.
|lassification||Hazard warning symbol and text|
|Non-flammable compressed gas||COMPRESSED GAS|
|Toxic gas||TOXIC GAS|
|Flammable gas||FLAMMABLE GAS|
|Flammable liquid||FLAMMABLE LIQUID|
|Flammable solid||FLAMMABLE SOLID|
|Spontaneously combustible substance||SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTIBLE|
|Substance which in contact with water emits flammable gas||DANGEROUS WHEN WET|
|Oxidizing substance||OXIDIZING AGENT|
|Organic peroxide||ORGANIC PEROXIDE|
|Harmful substance Other dangerous substance Mixed hazards||DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE|
|Acts||Chapter||Provisions repealed||Enabling powers|
|The West Midlands County Council Act 1980||c.xi||section 48||section 119(1)(b)|
|The Cheshire County Council Act 1980||c.xiii||section 57||section 110(1)(b)|
|The South Yorkshire Act 1980||c.xxxvii||section 56||section 107(1)(b)|
|The Tyne and Wear Act 1980||c.xliii||section 23||section 56(1)(b)|
|The County of Kent Act 1981||c.xviii||section 55||section 130(1)(b)|
|The Derbyshire Act 1981||c.xxxiv||section 27||section 64(1)|
|The Cumbria Act 1982||c.xv||section 30||section 66(1)(b)|
|The Hampshire Act 1983||c.v||section 15||section 84(1)(b)|
|The County of Lancashire Act 1984||c.xxi||section 33||section 141(1)(b)|
|The Leicestershire Act 1985||c.xvii||section 46||section 109(1)|
|The Clwyd County Council Act 1985||c.xliv||section 22||section 69(1)|
|The Berkshire Act 1986||c.ii||section 34||section 75(1)|
|The County of Cleveland Act 1987||c.ix||section 4||section 42(1)|
|The Dyfed Act 1987||c.xxiv||section 52||section 76(1)|