- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
5.—(1) To the heading “Indication of minimum durability” preceding the heading to regulation 21 there shall be added the words “or “use by” date”.
(2) At the end of regulation 21(2)(a) the word “and” shall be deleted.
(3) In regulation 21(2)(b) there shall be inserted immediately after the words “three months” the words “but not more than 18 months” and at the end there shall be inserted the word “, and”.
(4) Immediately following regulation 21(2)(b) there shall be inserted the following sub-paragraph—
“(c)in the case of a food which can reasonably be expected to retain its specific properties for more than 18 months it may be expressed either in terms of a month and year only or in terms of a year only, if (in either case) the words “best before” are replaced by the words “best before end”.”
(5) Regulation 21(4) and (5) shall be deleted.