- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7th February 1990
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 65(2) and 66(3) of the Electricity Act 1989(1), and of all other enabling powers, after consultation in accordance with those sections, and with the consent of the Treasury, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the Electricity Act 1989 (Nominated Companies) (England and Wales) Order 1990.
2. In this Order, “the Act” means the Electricity Act 1989.
3. Each company whose name appears in column 1 of a numbered item in Schedule 1 to this Order and whose registered number appears in column 2 of that item is nominated for the purposes of section 65(1) of the Act in relation to the Area Board whose name appears in column 3 of the item.
4. (1) The companies whose names and registered numbers appear in Part I of Schedule 2 to this Order are nominated for the purposes of section 66(1) of the Act.
(2) Of those companies, National Power PLC and PowerGen plc are designated pursuant to section 66(1) of the Act as generating companies and The National Grid Company plc is designated as the transmission company.
5. The companies whose names and registered numbers appear in Part II of Schedule 2 to this Order are nominated for the purposes of section 66(2) of the Act.
Secretary of State for Energy
6th February 1990
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
7th February 1990
|Item Number||Name of company||Registered number||Name of Area Board|
|1.||London Electricity plc||2366852||London Electricity Board|
|2.||SEEBOARD plc||2366867||South Eastern Electricity Board|
|3.||Southern Electric plc||2366879||Southern Electricity Board|
|4.||South Western Electricity plc||2366894||South Western Electricity Board|
|5.||Eastern Electricity plc||2366906||Eastern Electricity Board|
|6.||East Midlands Electricity plc||2366923||East Midlands Electricity Board|
|7.||Midlands Electricity plc||2366928||Midlands Electricity Board|
|8.||South Wales Electricity plc||2366985||South Wales Electricity Board|
|9.||Manweb plc||2366937||Merseyside and North Wales Electricity Board|
|10.||Yorkshire Electricity Group plc||2366995||Yorkshire Electricity Board|
|11.||Northern Electric plc||2366942||North Eastern Electricity Board|
|12.||NORWEB plc||2366949||North Western Electricity Board|
Articles 4(1) and 5
1. National Power PLC (registered number 2366963).
2. PowerGen plc (registered number 2366970).
3. The National Grid Company plc (registered number 2366977).
4. Nuclear Electric plc (registered number 2264251).
1. Electricity Association Services Limited (registered number 2366837).
2. National Power PLC (registered number 2366963).
3. Electra Brands Limited (registered number 2262036).
(This note is not part of the Order)
Sections 65(1) and 66(5) of the Electricity Act 1989 provide that, on the transfer date (being a day appointed by the Secretary of State by order under section 65(1) of the 1989 Act), all the property, rights and liabilities of the Electricity Boards in England and Wales and the Electricity Council (subject in the case of the Electricity Council to the exceptions specified in section 66(2) and (6) of the 1989 Act) shall become by virtue of the provision in question property, rights and liabilities of successor companies nominated for the purpose by the Secretary of State.
This Order nominates the companies listed in Schedule 1 as successor companies for the purposes of section 65(1) to the Area Boards; the companies listed in Part 1 of Schedule 2 as successor companies for the purposes of section 66(1) to the Central Electricity Generating Board; and the companies listed in Part II of Schedule 2 as successor companies for the purposes of section 66(2) to the Electricity Council.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: