- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
7.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (4), a relevant person and any partner and, where the relevant person or his partner is treated as responsible by virtue of regulation 6 (circumstances in which a person is to be treated as responsible or not responsible for another) for a child or young person, that child or young person and any child of that child or young person, shall be treated as members of the same household where any of them is absent from the dwelling occupied as his home.
(2) A child or young person shall not be treated as a member of the relevant person’s household where he is–
(a)boarded out with the relevant person or his partner under a relevant enactment; or
(b)boarded out with the relevant person or his partner prior to adoption; or
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), paragraph (1) shall not apply to a child or young person who is not living with the relevant person and he–
(a)is in the care of a local authority under a relevant enactment; or
(b)has been boarded out with a person other than the relevant person prior to adoption; or
(c)has been placed for adoption pursuant to a decision under the Adoption Agencies Regulations 1983 or the Adoption Agencies (Scotland) Regulations 1984.
(4) A child or young person to whom paragraph (3)(a) applies shall be treated as being a member of the relevant person’s household in any period of 7 consecutive days commencing upon a Monday and ending on a Sunday where–
(a)that child or young person lives with the relevant person for part or all of that period, and
(b)it is reasonable to do so taking into account the nature and frequency of that child’s or young person’s visits.
(5) In this regulation “relevant enactment” means the Army Act 1955(3), the Air Force Act 1955(4), the Naval Discipline Act 1957(5), the Adoption Act 1958(6), the Matrimonial Proceedings (Children) Act 1958(7), the Children Act 1958(8), the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968(9), the Family Law Reform Act 1969(10), the Children and Young Persons Act 1969(11), the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973(12), the Guardianship Act 1973(13), the Children Act 1975(14), the Domestic Proceedings and Magistrates' Courts Act 1978(15), the Adoption (Scotland) Act 1978(16), the Child Care Act 1980(17) and the Foster Children Act 1980(18).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.