- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Section 16 (Works to be executed), sections 18 to 23 (Protection of gas and water mains) and section 87 (Company empowered to contract with other companies) of the Railways Clauses Consolidation Act 1845(1) are incorporated with and form part of this Order, so far as the same are applicable for the purposes and are not inconsistent with or varied by the provisions of this Order, and this Order shall be the special Act for the purposes of the incorporated provisions.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Order such of the enactments set out in the Second Schedule to the Light Railways Act 1896 as are still in force (except section 22 of the Regulation of Railways Act 1868(2) (means of communication between passengers and the Company’s servants to be provided) and sections 1 and 5 of the Regulation of Railways Act 1889(3) (power to order certain provisions to be made for public safety and penalty for avoiding payment of fare), shall not apply to the railway.
(3) In its application to the railway the said section 22 of the Regulation of Railways Act 1868 shall have effect as if the words“and travels more than twenty miles without stopping” were omitted therefrom.
(4) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this article, sections 116 to 119 of the Transport Act 1968 shall apply to the railway as if references in those sections to the Board were references to the Council.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: