- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Black Country Development Corporation (Vesting of Land) (British Railways Board) Order 1989 and shall come into force on the day after the day on which it is approved by resolution of each House of Parliament.
2.—(1) In this Order–
“the Corporation” means the Black Country Development Corporation;
“statutory undertakers” does not include any statutory undertakers in relation to whom neither the Secretary of State for the Environment nor the Secretary of State for Transport is the appropriate Minister;
“urban development area” means the area designated as an urban development area by the Black Country Development Corporation (Area and Constitution) Order 1987(1).
(2) Any reference in this Order to a map followed immediately by a number is a reference to the map so numbered in the set of maps numbered 1 to 4 entitled “Maps referred to in the Black Country Development Corporation (Vesting of Land) (British Railways Board) Order 1989”, of which prints, signed by an Under Secretary in the Department of the Environment, are deposited and available for inspection at the offices of the Secretary of State for the Environment, the Secretary of State for Transport, the council of the borough of Sandwell, the British Railways Board and the Corporation.
(3) Any reference in this Order to a numbered plot is a reference to the plot so numbered and shown bounded externally with a black line and either stippled or edged internally with a stippled band on a numbered map.
3. The land described in the Schedule hereto, and now vested in the British Railways Board or in a local authority or other statutory undertakers or public body or in a subsidiary of any of them, being land within the urban development area, is hereby vested in the Corporation.
4. All existing easements and rights in or over other land within the urban development area which are vested in an authority or body mentioned in article 3 above, and which are annexed or appurtenant to land vested by that article or any part thereof, are hereby vested in the Corporation.
Secretary of State for the Environment
7th June 1989
Secretary of State for Transport
2nd June 1989
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.