- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The name of the advertiser and a postal address or telephone number of his (or a freephone number) except—
(a)in the case of advertisements in any form on the premises of a dealer or owner (not being advertisements in writing which customers are intended to take away);
(b)in the case of advertisements which include the name and address of a dealer; and
(c)in the case of advertisements which include the name of a credit-broker and a postal address or telephone number of his (or a freephone number).
2. A statement indicating that the transaction advertised is the bailment of goods.
3. A statement that any security is or may be required, and where the security comprises or may comprise a mortgage or charge on the hirer’s home a statement in the following form:—
“YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP PAYMENTS ON A HIRE AGREEMENT SECURED BY A MORTGAGE OR OTHER SECURITY ON YOUR HOME.”.
4. A statement of any contract of insurance required, not being a contract of insurance against the risk of loss or damage to goods or any risk relating to the use of the goods.
5. A statement of any requirement to place on deposit any sum of money in any account with any person.
6. In the case of an advertisement published for the purposes of a business of credit brokerage carried on by any person, the amount of any fee payable by the hirer or an associate of his to a credit-broker or a statement of the method of its calculation.
7. Either a statement that individuals may obtain on request a quotation in writing about the terms on which the advertiser is prepared to do business or a statement that individuals may obtain on request a document containing no less information than a full hire advertisement about the terms on which the advertiser is prepared to do business.
8. Any other information, except that no information may be shown indicating that a person is willing to enter into an agreement for the bailment of goods by him other than as follows:—
a logo of his, of his associate and of his trade association;
an occupation of his or a statement of the general nature of his occupation;
in the case of any hire facilities being available only to, or on terms which are applicable only to, persons who fall within any class or group, a statement of that fact identifying that class or group;
the nature of any security required where this does not comprise a mortgage or charge on the hirer’s home;
a statement as to whether an advance payment is required and if so the amount or minimum amount of the payment expressed as a sum of money or as a percentage;
in a case where goods are to be bailed under an agreement for a fixed period or a maximum or minimum period, a statement indicating that this is the case and the duration of that period; and
in the case of an advertisement to which paragraph 1(c) above applies, the name of the owner and a postal address or telephone number of his (or a freephone number).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: