- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7.—(1) A person assessed to the levy may appeal to an industrial tribunal against the assessment within one month from the date of the service of the assessment notice or within any further period or periods of time that may be allowed by the Board or an industrial tribunal under the following provisions of this article.
(2) The Board by notice may for good cause allow a person assessed to the levy to appeal to an industrial tribunal against an assessment at any time within the period of four months from the date of the service of the assessment notice or within such further period or periods as the Board may allow before such time as may then be limited for appealing has expired.
(3) If the Board shall not allow an application for extension of time for appealing, an industrial tribunal shall upon application made to the tribunal by the person assessed to the levy have the like powers as the Board under the last foregoing paragraph.
(4) In the case of an establishment that ceases to carry on business in the twenty-third levy period on any day after the date of the service of the relevant assessment notice, the foregoing provisions of this article shall have effect as if for the period of four months from the date of the service of the assessment notice mentioned in paragraph (2) of this article there were substituted the period of six months from the date of the cessation of business.
(5) An appeal or an application to an industrial tribunal under this article shall be made in accordance with the Industrial Tribunals (England and Wales) Regulations 1965(1) except where the establishment to which the relevant assessment relates is wholly in Scotland, when the appeal or application shall be made in accordance with the Industrial Tribunals (Scotland) Regulations 1965(2).
(6) The powers of an industrial tribunal under paragraph (3) of this article may be exercised by the President of the Industrial Tribunals (England and Wales) or by the President of the Industrial Tribunals (Scotland) as the case may be.