- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. A member of a police force within the meaning of the Police Act 1964(1) (including a person on central service within the meaning of section 43 of that Act).
2. A regular constable within the meaning of the Police (Scotland) Act 1967(2) (including a person on central service within the meaning of section 38 of that Act).
3. A member of the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
4. A member of the Isle of Man Constabulary maintained under the Police (Isle of Man) Act 1962 (an Act of Tynwald).
5. A member of the Island police force maintained under the Guernsey Law of 1919 entitled Loi Ayant Rapport a la Police Salariee pour L'Ile Entiere.
6. A member of the Force or a port control officer within the meaning of the Police Force (Jersey) Law 1974.
7. A member of any body of constables maintained by an authority other than a police authority for any area in Great Britain or the Police Authority for Northern Ireland.
8. A member of a fire brigade maintained —
(b)by the States of Guernsey;
(c)by the Harbours and Airport Committee of the States of Jersey;
(d)by the Secretary of State for Defence; or
(e)at any aerodrome within the meaning of the Civil Aviation Act 1982(5).
9. A prison officer —
(b)employed by the States of Guernsey;
(c)appointed for the purposes of the Prison (Jersey) Law 1957; or
(d)appointed under section 3 of the Prisons (Scotland) Act 1952(8).
10. An officer within the meaning of the Customs and Excise Management Act 1979(9), the Customs and Excise Management Act 1986 (an Act of Tynwald), the Customs and Excise (General Provisions) (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1972, or the Customs and Excise (General Provisions) (Jersey) Law 1972.
11. An immigration officer within the meaning of the Immigration Act 1971(10).
12. A person in the employ of the Corporation of Trinity House of Deptford and Strond, the Commissioners of Northern Lights or the Commissioners of Irish Lights.
13. A person employed to work on an offshore installation within the meaning of the Mineral Workings (Offshore Installations) Act 1971(11).
14. A person who, in the course of business or employment, leads a seafaring life.
15. A person in holy orders or a regular minister of any religious denomination.
S.I. 1984/1821 (N.I. 11).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: