- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
|Chapter||Short title||Extent of repeal|
|1986 c. 63.||The Housing and Planning Act 1986.||Section 7.|
|In section 13, subsections (1) to (3) and (5).|
|In Schedule 4, paragraphs 1(3) and 10.|
|1987 c. 31.||The Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.||In section 3(1) (b) the word "or".|
|Section 4(2) (a) (ii).|
|1988 c. 43.||The Housing (Scotland) Act 1988.||In Schedule 9, paragraph 6(b).|
1. The repeal of section 16A of the Rent Act 1977 ("the 1977 Act") does not apply in the case specified in section 37(2) of the Housing Act 1988.
2. The repeals in whole or in part of the provisions of the 1977 Act specified below do not apply in relation to an application under section 69(1) of the 1977 Act (certificate of fair rent) made before the 15th January 1989 or a certificate of fair rent issued pursuant to such an application —
Schedule 11, Part II,
Schedule 20, paragraph 2(2).
3. The repeal of section 68 of the 1977 Act (application to rent officer by local authority) does not apply in relation to an application under subsection (1) of that section made before the 15th January 1989.
4. The repeals in whole or in part of the provisions of the 1977 Act specified below do not apply in relation to an increase in rent up to, or towards, a registered rent —
(1) in relation to which the relevant date for the purposes of Schedule 8 to the Rent Act 1977 (phasing of rent increases: general provisions) falls before the 15th January 1989, or
(2) pursuant to the first application under section 67 or section 68 of the 1977 Act (applications for registration or consideration of fair rent) relating to a regulated tenancy which has been converted from a controlled tenancy and for which no rent was registered under Part IV of the 1977 Act before 4th May 1987 —
5. The repeal in section 103(1) of the 1977 Act (notice to quit served after reference of contract to rent tribunal) does not apply in relation to an application under section 77 or 80 of the 1977 Act made before the 15th January 1989.
6. The repeal in paragraph 21 of Schedule 13 to the Local Government Act 1985 does not apply with respect to any tenancy or licence entered into before the 15th January 1989 or entered into in pursuance of a contract made before then.
7. The repeal of sections 199 to 201 does not have effect in relation to any repair notice served before the 15th January 1989.
8. The repeals in section 3(1)(b) and of sections 4(2)(a)(ii) and 60(2) do not apply in relation to a disposal made as mentioned in paragraph 2 of Schedule 1 to this Order.