- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) This regulation applies to any person who supplies or has supplied within the period of five years (or, if shorter, so much of that period as falls after 1st November 1988) immediately prior to his being required to give the information in question any furniture or cover to which Schedule 7 to these Regulations applies in relation to which the requirements of Part III of Schedule 7 to these Regulations and not those of Part II of that Schedule are satisfied.
(2) The information which may be required by paragraph (4) below is the following information in respect of the furniture or cover specified in paragraph (1) above:–
(a)the name and the postal code of the address of the principal place of business of the manufacturer or importer who first supplied the article in the United Kingdom;
(b)the date on which the article was manufactured or imported (in its finished form) into the United Kingdom;
(c)the description of all the filling materials included in the article;
(d)the description of all the covering materials included in the article.
(3) The information specified in paragraph (2) above need not be given in relation to–
(a)cushions and pillows (except for information required by subparagraphs (a) and (c) of paragraph (2) above);
(b)cots, carry-cots, playpens, prams and pushchairs (except for information required by subparagraphs (a), (c) and (d) of paragraph (2) above);
(c)any other article similar in its nature and use to any article in subparagraph (b) of this paragraph and designed to carry a baby or small child (except for information required by subparagraphs (a), (c) and (d) of paragraph (2) above);
(d)covers (except for information required by subparagraphs (a) and (d) of paragraph (2) above).
(4) Any person to whom this regulation applies shall give to an enforcement authority, or any of its officers, the information specified in paragraph (2) above on his being required to give such information at a reasonable time.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: