- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
136. (1) The Edinburgh solicitor (or, if unrepresented, the appellant or complainer) shall—
(a)have printed the complaint, minutes of proceedings, and stated case or Bill;
(b)not later than 7 days before the hearing, return the process to the Clerk of Justiciary;
(c)provide copies of the print to—
(i)the Clerk of Justiciary, and
(ii)the Edinburgh solicitor for the respondent.
(2) If the Edinburgh solicitor or the appellant or complainer, as the case may be, cannot comply with any of the requirements of paragraph (1), he shall, not later than 7 days before the hearing, so inform the Clerk of Justiciary with reasons.
(3) On being so informed the Clerk of Justiciary may in his discretion postpone the hearing by dropping the appeal from the Justiciary Roll.
(4) If he does not do so, the Court may at the hearing allow the appeal to be dropped from the Roll, or may dismiss the appeal.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: