- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
24.—(1) For the purposes of regulation 16 (normal weekly income other than earnings), the income of a claimant which does not consist of earnings to be taken into account shall, subject to paragraphs (2) to (4), be his gross income and any capital treated as income under regulation 25 (capital treated as income).
(2) There shall be disregarded from the calculation of a claimant’s gross income under paragraph (1) any sum, where applicable, specified in Schedule 2.
(3) There shall be taken into account as income under paragraph (1) 20 per cent of any income consisting of payments of a board and lodging charge which, but for regulation 21(2) (earnings of self-employed earners), would fall to be taken into account as earnings.
(4) Where the payment of any benefit under the benefit Acts(1) is subject to any deduction by way of recovery the amount to be taken into account under paragraph (1) shall be the gross amount payable.
(5) For the avoidance of doubt there shall be included as income to be taken into account under paragraph (1) any payment to which regulation 19(2) applies (payments not earnings).