- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Subject to the provisions of regulation 25 (payment of attendance allowance and constant attendance allowance at a daily rate) attendance allowance shall be payable on Mondays, except that the Secretary of State may in any particular case arrange for the allowance to be payable on any other day of the week and where it is in payment to any person and the day on which it is payable is changed, it shall be paid at a daily rate of 1/7th of the weekly rate in respect of any of the days for which payment would have been made but for that change.
2. Guardian’s allowance shall be payable on Tuesdays or, if the Secretary of State so arranges in respect of any particular case, on Mondays.
3. Any pension or allowance under Chapter IV or V of Part II of the Social Security Act 1975, including any increase, shall be payable on Wednesdays.
4. Invalid care allowance shall be payable on Mondays, except that where a person is entitled to that allowance in respect of a severely disabled person by virtue of regulation 3 of the Social Security (Invalid Care Allowance) Regulations 1976(1) the invalid care allowance shall be payable on Wednesdays.
5. Retirement pension shall be payable on Mondays, except that–
(a)where a person became entitled to a retirement pension before 28th September 1984, that pension shall be payable on Thursdays;
(b)where a woman was entitled to a widow’s benefit immediately before becoming entitled to a retirement pension, that pension shall be payable on Tuesdays;
(c)where a woman becomes entitled to a retirement pension immediately following the payment to her husband of an increase of retirement pension in respect of her, the retirement pension to which she becomes entitled shall be payable on the same days as those upon which the retirement pension of her husband is payable;
(d)the Secretary of State may, notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing provisions of this paragraph, arrange for retirement pension to be payable on such other day of the week as he may in any particular case determine;
(e)where, in relation to any person, any particular day of the week has become the appropriate day of the week for the payment of retirement pension, that day shall thereafter remain the appropriate day in his case for such payment.
6. Widowed mother’s allowance and widow’s pension shall be payable on Tuesdays.
7. Mobility allowance shall be payable on Wednesdays.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: