- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
LANDLORD AND TENANT
15th May 1986
Laid before Parliament
30th May 1986
Coming into Operation
21st June 1986
The Secretary of State for the Environment, as respects England, and the Secretary of State for Wales, as respects Wales, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by section 56(4) of the Housing Act 1980, and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, hereby make the following order:—
1. This order may be cited as the Assured Tenancies (Approved Bodies) (No. 1) Order 1986 and shall come into operation on 21st June 1986.
2. The bodies mentioned in the Schedule to this order are hereby specified for the purposes of Part II of the Housing Act 1980.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department of the Environment
12th May 1986
Secretary of State for Wales
15th May 1986
1. Corlan Co-operative Housing Association Limited.
2. North British Urban Renewal Limited.
3. The Elim Trust Corporation.
Section 56 of the Housing Act 1980 deals with assured tenancies. Such tenancies are subject to Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (c. 56), as modified by Schedule 5 to the 1980 Act, if they would otherwise have been protected tenancies or housing association tenancies under the Rent Act 1977 (c. 42). They can only be granted by bodies approved under section 56 of the 1980 Act in respect of dwelling-houses erected after the passing of that Act.
This order approves three bodies for the purposes of section 56.