- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
Information to be given in Registers of Large Raised Reservoirs.
1. Name and situation of reservoir.
2. National grid reference of reservoir.
3. Name and address of undertakers.
4. Name and address of enforcement authority, if any.
5. A summary of the contents of all certificates or reports under the Act, or the Act of 1930, received by the authority, including:—
(i)the name and address of the engineer giving the certificate or making the report,
(ii)the section of whichever Act the certificate is given under or the report made,
(iii)the date(s) of the latest inspection made under the Act of 1930,
(iv)where no final certificate was given under the Act of 1930 because the construction or alteration of the reservoir was completed before the commencement of that Act, a statement of that fact.
6. The following information, if it is revealed by any certificate or report or is otherwise known to the authority:—
(i)the category of the reservoir (i.e. whether impounding or non-impounding),
(ii)year(s) in which the dam(s) were completed,
(iii)the construction of the dam(s) (i.e. whether constructed of earth, rockfill, gravity, buttress or by other means),
(iv)the maximum height of the dam(s) in metres measured from the lowest natural ground level adjacent to it, to the top of the dam, excluding the height of the wave wall,
(v)the capacity of the reservoir above the lowest natural ground level adjacent to it (in cubic metres) to top water level,
(vi)the water surface area of the reservoir at top water level (in square metres or square kilometres).
7. Name and business address of the supervising engineer or, if the reservoir is under the supervision of a construction engineer, of that engineer.
8. Date when the next inspection is due under the Act or any date recommended for the next inspection under the Act by the supervising or inspecting engineer.
9. Particulars of any appointment made by the enforcement authority under section 15 of the Act.
10. Particulars of any measures taken by the enforcement authority under section 16 of the Act, including the date on which they were taken.
Prescribed matters relating to large raised reservoirs of which undertakers are to keep a record.
1. Persons having, in relation to the reservoir, a function provided for by the Act.
2. Certificates given under the Act or under the Act of 1930.
3. Reports made under the Act or under the Act of 1930.
4. Appointment of referees under the Act or the Act of 1930.
5. Re-use, abandonment and discontinuance.
6. Physical characteristics of direct and indirect catchment areas of the reservoir and method of filling from indirect catchment area.
7. Standard average annual rainfall on direct and indirect catchment areas of the reservoir.
8. Means of access to the reservoir.
9. Category of the reservoir, its use, the certified level up to which it may store water, its surface water area, capacity and fetch.
10. Structural character of the dam, reservoir wall or embankment, its date of completion, height, level of the top of the dam and reservoir wall or embankment and of the wave wall above Ordnance Datum. Details of draw off works, bottom outlets, or any other means of lowering the water level together with their maximum rates of discharge.
11. Spillway works; their type, location and level and the safety provisions made in connection with their operation.
12. Measures taken in the interests of safety on the recommendation of a qualified civil engineer.
13. Unusual events which could affect the safety of the reservoir.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: