- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983 (Commencement No. 2) Order 1983.
(2) In this Order “the Act” means
2. The provisions of the Act specified in the first column of the Schedule to this Order (which relate to the matters specified in the second column thereof) shall come into force on the day specified in the third column of that Schedule.
3. (1) Article 2(1) of, and Schedule 2 to, the No. 1 Order so far as they relate to the following provisions of the Act—
(a)section 8 (secure accommodation for children in Scotland);
(b)section 30(1) and Part I of Schedule 10 (repeals) so far as they relate to section 59A(1) and (3) of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 and section 72 of the Children Act 1975;
are hereby revoked.
(2) The provisions of the Act specified in paragraph (1) of this Article shall come into force on 30th January 1984.
One of Her Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State
15th December 1983
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: