- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
3.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements (other than modifying agreements) shall contain the information set out in Column 2 of Schedule 3 to these Regulations in so far as it relates to the type of agreement referred to in Column 1.
(2) Where any information about financial and related particulars set out in paragraphs 5 and 6 of Schedule 3 to these Regulations cannot be exactly ascertained by the owner, estimated information based on such assumptions as the owner may reasonably make in all the circumstances of the case and an indication of the assumptions made shall be included in documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements.
(3) Documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements shall contain statements of the protection and remedies available to hirers under the Act, in the Form numbered in Column 1 of Schedule 4 to these Regulations and set out in Column 3, in so far as they relate to the type of agreement referred to in Column 2.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5) below, the information about financial and related particulars set out in paragraphs 3 to 8 of Schedule 3 to these Regulations shall be shown together as a whole in documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements and not interspersed with other information apart from subtotals of total amounts and cross-references to terms of the agreement.
(5) In the case of documents embodying consumer hire agreements relating to more than one description of goods to be bailed or hired under the agreement, the list or other description of the goods referred to in paragraph 3 of Schedule 3 to these Regulations may be shown in a schedule to such document, provided that a reference to the schedule to such document is shown together with the remaining financial and related particulars specified in paragraphs 4 to 8 of Schedule 3.
(6) Documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements shall contain a signature box in the Form numbered in Column 1 of Part II of Schedule 5 to these Regulations and set out in Column 3, in so far as it relates to the type of agreement referred to in Column 2 and shall, if the agreement is one to which section 58(1) of the Act applies or is a cancellable agreement, contain a separate box immediately above, below or adjacent to the signature box in which shall be included the appropriate statements specified in Forms 1 to 3 of Schedule 4.
(7) Documents embodying regulated consumer hire agreements shall embody any security provided in relation to the regulated agreement by the hirer.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.