- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
5. Subject to Article 6 below, the repeals specified in Schedule 5 to the Act which are set out in Schedule 2 to this Order shall come into operation on 19th May 1985.
(2) Paragraph (1) above does not apply to sections 21, 23, 25, 26 and 30 of the Hire-Purchase Acts in so far as they apply to an agreement made before 19th May 1985 which would have been a regulated agreement if made on that day.
(3) Nothing in this Order shall affect the application of the Moneylenders Acts 1900 to 1927(1), the Moneylenders Act (Northern Ireland) 1933 or the Moneylenders (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 (except section 8 of the Moneylenders Act 1927 or of the Moneylenders Act (Northern Ireland) 1933), or any enactment mentioned in Column 3 of Schedule 2 to this Order which expressly refers to those Acts, to agreements made with, or any loan made by or security taken by, a moneylender within the meaning of those Acts before 19th May 1985.
(4) Nothing in this Order shall affect the application of the Pawnbrokers Acts 1872 and 1960 or the Pawnbrokers Act (Northern Ireland) 1954, or any enactment mentioned in Column 3 of Schedule 2 to this Order referring to those Acts or to pledges or pawnbrokers, to pledges within the meaning of those Acts taken in pawn before 19th May 1985.
1900 c. 51 and 1927 c. 21.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.