- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
8th December 1982
Laid before Parliament
15th December 1982
Coming into Operation
4th July 1983
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 12(4) of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Supply of Services (Exclusion of Implied Terms) Order 1982 and shall come into operation on 4th July 1983.
2. Section 13 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (which provides that, in a contract for the supply of a service where the supplier is acting in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the supplier will carry out the service with reasonable care and skill) shall not apply to the following services:—
(1) the services of an advocate in court or before any tribunal, inquiry or arbitrator and in carrying out preliminary work directly affecting the conduct of the hearing;
(2) the services rendered to a company by a director of the company in his capacity as such.
Minister of State
Department of Trade
8th December 1982
Section 13 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 provides that, in a contract for the supply of a service where the supplier is acting in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the supplier will carry out the service with reasonable care and skill.
The Secretary of State has power, under section 12(4), to provide by order that this section shall not apply to services of a description specified in the order.
The Order provides that section 13 shall not apply to the services of an advocate in court or before any tribunal, inquiry or arbitrator and in carrying out certain preliminary work, or to services rendered by a company director to his company.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: