- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
16. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Article, the Secretary of State may at any time, if it appears to him expedient so to do by reason of any emergency which appears to him to have arisen or to be likely to arise, by order in a statutory instrument which shall be laid before Parliament after being made, provide that this Article shall apply in relation to—
(a)some or all of the areas for the time being designated as controlled areas in one or more particular counties specified in the order, or
(b)such part or parts of any one or more of those areas as may be specified in the order, or
(c)all areas for the time being designated as controlled areas in all counties in England or Wales.
(2) During the period while any order under paragraph (1) of this Article is in force in relation to any controlled area or part thereof—
(a)any public off-street parking place in that area or part may be operated as if that area or part were not, or, as the case may be, were not comprised in, a controlled area; and
(b)nothing in Article 12 or 14 of this Order shall apply to anything done at any such parking place during that period.
(3) Except where the order will relate to all areas for the time being designated as controlled areas in all counties in England or Wales, the Secretary of State shall, before making an order under paragraph (1) of this Article, consult with the county council or councils concerned.
(4) The power of the Secretary of State to make an order under paragraph (1) of this Article shall include power, exerciseable in the same manner and subject to the same conditions, to vary or revoke any previous order under that paragraph.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: