- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
PUBLIC HEALTH, ENGLAND AND WALES
21st June 1976
Laid before Parliament
29th June 1976
Coming into Operation
20th July 1976
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by subsection (3) of section 8 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1953 and now vested in him(1) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby directs and orders as follows:—
1. This order may be cited as the Local Authorities (Charges for Dustbins) Order 1976 and shall come into operation on 20th July 1976.
2. The Interpretation Act 1889 shall apply for the interpretation of this order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
3. Subsections (1) and (2) of section 8 of the Local Government (Financial Provisions) Act 1953 as amended(2) (which increase to amounts not exceeding seven shillings and sixpence the annual charges which local authorities may make in respect of dustbins provided by them under section 75 of the Public Health Act 1936, or any other enactment), shall have effect as if for references to seven shillings and sixpence there were substituted references to £1.00.
4. The Local Authorities (Charges for Dustbins) Order 1957(3) is hereby revoked.
One of Her Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State
21st June 1976
This Order, which applies to England and Wales, increases the maximum annual charges which local authorities may make in respect of dustbins provided by them under the Public Health Act 1936 or any other Act from 37½p to £1.00.
S.I. 1970/1681 (1970 III, p. 5551).
The relevant amending instrument is S.I. 1957/304 (1957 11, p. 1933).
(1957 II, p. 1933).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: